CSK-L2 Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Focus of Course
- First compulsory course for students who wish to begin their training in counselling.
- GCSE / O Level in Maths and English
- Optional - Introduction to Counselling Skills
- 90 guided learning hours, usually 12 full day training sessions over one year
- Difference between caring, helping and counselling
- Stages of the helping relationship
- Developing communication and listening skills
- Developing self awareness
- Models for counselling
- Common problems
- 1 Essay: 2000 words
- 1 Book Review: 750 words
- Learning Journal
- 23 Criteria to evidence
- Taped Skills Essay
- Self review
- Counselling Skills internal practical assessment
- External exam set by CPCAB
- £1100 payable as initial deposit and 10 monthly payments
- Accredited by the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) and carries 17 units at Level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- CST-L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
"The course was absolutely fantastic, wouldn’t change a thing! The tutor was exceptional, very patient and kind."
"I pushed myself through barriers which I never thought I would or could."
"It has been fantastic. Great venue, great tutor, great group, great teaching, great biscuits!"
"Very affirming, life changing overall. A super supportive atmosphere in which to grow, explore and change."